· Participate in and at times lead elements of projects and bids with the broader team and including Project Managers, Senior Associates, the Urban Planning and Economics Principal and Principal Director .
· Provide specific technical input in strategic and urban planning and work within a team of planners, urban designers, landscape architects and engineers to complete land development, master planning, and strategic planning projects.
· Provide input in the areas of urban design, spatial planning, statutory planning, stakeholder liaison, preparation of reports and presentations.· Support the project manager in co-ordinating multi-disciplinary teams to successful conclusions/outcomes on a project-by-project basis and in managing the budget, program and general performance associated with such projects.
· Prepare and deliver presentations and attend meetings with clients, government (approving agencies) and other interests to advance projects.· Provide support and participate in liaison with government agencies and other authorities regarding development objectives, policies and procedures as well as securing approvals, permits and consents.
· Ensure compliance with the companys Quality Assurance policies and procedures.
· Provide input and support in the preparation of proposals and qualification documents in the interest of obtaining new assignments. This would include the preparation and delivery of supporting presentations.
· Provide such further assistance to senior colleagues as may be required from time to time.
· Prepare and present submissions/reports to support projects and ensure quality deliverable.
Provide effective representation for the organisation.
Minimum Requirements 4-7 years of urban planning experience required
Experience working in government, consultancy and client-side is preferred
Experience working in the Middle East region will be advantageous\
Experience working on a range of urban planning projects.
Experience on planning, development and design projects at different scales.
Ability to work on multi-disciplinary projects to successful delivery of outcomes within budget and programme.
Experience working within government or on behalf of government on strategic planning, statutory planning and/ or master planning projects is advantageous.
Understanding of planning and design requirements and standards and experience working on projects to meet these.
Proven ability to deliver high-quality input to planning and master planning projects.
Strong analytical skills and ability to develop practical options and solutions.
Strong ability to write, refine and deliver final reports with regard to planning, urban design and development projects.
Ability to participate (and at times lead) in planning, urban design and development workshops.
Ability to work either in a team, or alone with proven positive results from either scenario.Strong oral, graphic and written communication skills.Skills in indesign, cad, illustrator and other packages will be advantageous.
Preferred Qualifications Bachelors degree in urban planning, geography and/or a related discipline is essential.Masters level degree in urban planning, urban design or a related discipline is desirable.