MSM has a 74 year heritage in the manufacture and repair of aerospace components such as bleed air ducts , anti-ice piccolo tubes , ozone converters , intakes and exhausts , nacelle louvres , heat exchanger fabrications, fuel, oil and water tanks .
MSM has niche capabilities in fluid form pressing, hydroform and bulge forming in high temperature metals, 5 axis laser profiling and TiG and spot & seam resistance welding.
MSM offers an unrivalled service of EASA approved weld repairs . We hold AS9100, Nadcap for our special processes and are approved by the majority of aerospace Primes and OEMs.
Due to expansion and business growth, we are currently looking for a Senior Buyer of Aerospace spares who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of procurement activity in line with Spares & Repairables, MSM Aero business requirements. The chosen candidate will provide key support to the Spares & Repairables function, focussing on new business opportunities in addition to current contractual obligations, ensuring high levels of performance in relation to the management of all procurement requirements.
The chosen candidate will report to the Head of Spares & Repairables.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities:
* Manage and drive the procurement activity within the [Spares & Repairables] MSM Aero business stream, taking responsibility for setting up, maintaining and improving commercial supplier relationships.
* Working to strict time bound deliverables to ensure on time delivery in full, in support of customer requirements and contractual obligations.
* Efficient and cost-effective sourcing of product from across the NATO region of countries to be supplied as spare parts to a wider customer base.
* Ensure procurement is based upon best commercial value available for the total cost of supply.
* Support the Spares & Repairables function with daily updates on performance, tasks and objectives. Setting and monitoring the output of the team via departmental KPIs.
* Support new business initiatives and opportunities in respect of sourcing for increased competitive advantage.
* Alternative sourcing of key components and assemblies to achieve cost and delivery requirements.
* Perform data analysis and issue reports on supplier performance to ensure suppliers meet and maintain expected performance levels.
* Deliver cost-down and cost-avoidance initiatives in support of financial targets.
* Efficient and effective management of outsourced procurement activity
* Efficient and effective first line management to Assistant Buyer
This is not an exhaustive list and the chosen candidate should expect to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the company.
Experience, Qualifications & Competency Requirements
* Minimum of 3-5 years of previous experience in a dynamic purchasing role
* Worked within a project based environment
* Demonstrable effectiveness in teamwork and communications
* Knowledge of ITAR and export regulations desirable
* Proven working knowledge and understanding of various problem-solving process tools and techniques.
* Experience of sourcing electronic and electrical components and consumables in the aerospace sector desirable
* Ideally you will have security clearance but not essential
* Ability to travel worldwide
* MAS500 or SAP experience desired