MSM aero is a leading aerospace fabricator of complex formed and welded metallic components.
MSM has a 74 year heritage in the manufacture and repair of aerospace components such as bleed air ducts , anti-ice piccolo tubes , ozone converters , intakes and exhausts , nacelle louvres , heat exchanger fabrications, fuel, oil and water tanks .
MSM has niche capabilities in fluid form pressing, hydroform and bulge forming in high temperature metals, 5 axis laser profiling and TiG and spot & seam resistance welding.
MSM offers an unrivalled service of EASA approved weld repairs . We hold AS9100, Nadcap for our special processes and are approved by the majority of aerospace Primes and OEMs.
The overall aim of the role is to lead a team of welding engineers who will carry out the hands-on work but to ensure that all procedures and process are carried out in accordance to regulations and audit requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensure that all work activities and records comply with Company Policies, Procedures and Codes of Practice, including NADCAP
* To emphasise to all welding personnel a commitment to quality.
* Maintain all required welder and weld approvals and develop new ones as necessary.
* Troubleshoot production welding problems.
* Support production in developing welder skills / knowledge to reduce problem areas.
* To agree, in conjunction with the Lean Coordinator stretching but achievable improvement tasks.
* To maintain a high level of activity and enthusiasm for the continuous improvement of processes, product and people.
* To liaise with Sales, Engineering and Lean departments to ensure best practice production techniques are implemented at both quotation and design stages of new product / production processes.
* To maintain a high standard of health and safety based upon safe working practices.
* To ensure that all practices support the Companies Environmental Policy.