Design and produce drawings of metal fabrication components. Create bills of material (BOM). Determine product specifications; perform verification/maintenance and product management. Illustrate systems from specifications, source control
drawings, sketches, models, prototypes or verbal instructions. In addition, will help ensure that company operating and cost efficiencies are obtained, quality and safety standards are achieved, and customer delivery deadlines are met.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for creation and maintenance of parts and bills of material.
2. Work directly with engineering staff, sales staff and customers to produce drawings and bills of material from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, along with written and verbal descriptions.
3. Work closely with all departments to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information and are error free.
4. Utilizes drafting resources to create new tools to more efficiently carry out above mentioned tasks; includes hardware and software design.
5. Work from customer drawings, company drawings, vendor drawings or
specifications. Use corporate drawing standards as guidelines.
6. Performs additional related duties as requested or required.
*Several years CAD experience in a joinery environment or manufacturing role. *Methodical and organised
*Pays attention to detail
*Good communication skills, especially in writing (email) and on phone
*Builds relationships with internal and external contacts
*Willing and able to take the initiative and solve fabrication problems
*Comfortable complying with procedures
*Willing to take the initiative to resolve a problem
*Good joinery production knowledge
*Good accurate CAD skills, used in a joinery environment
*Thorough experience of working with AutoCAD essential.
*Experience of using Solid Works is desirable, though training can be provided to those with thorough AutoCAD skills
You may be interested in these jobs