- Bachelor degree in Business, Hospitality or any relevant field
- 5 ‚ 7 years of production, manufacturing and sales experience in a bakery practice
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of responsibility, with the sense of loyalty and business ethic
- Strong personality, self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Very good organizational skills, ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel‚¶)
- Strong integrity with a disciplined work ethic
- Good command of English and Arabic
- Experience in preparing baked goods such as pastries, breads, cakes and cookies.
- Detail-oriented and have an eye for aesthetics, as baked goods must look appealing.
- Merchandising baked goods and quality control.
- Oversee baking staff to ensure the bakery‚s standards are enforced.
- In charge of hiring, developing and terminating bakery staff.
- Overseeing inventory involves ordering and rotating ingredients such as flour, sugar, and butter.
- Tracking inventory requires calculating the proper amount of ingredients necessary for production of baked goods on a given day or week.
- Keep an eye on demand for each kind of pastry to know how much to supply.
- Responsible for ensuring the profitability of a bakery.
- Work within the confines of the bakery‚s budget in order to maximize sales.
- Knowing how to price baked goods and tracking sales, labor and inventory costs.
- Enforce standards regarding food handling practices, safety and sanitation.
- Manage and motivate Bakery employees through constant communication and regular team meetings.
- Manage store financials ‚ cash handling procedures and cost control (P & L) with the direction of our corporate Finance Department.
- Ensure team members greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank guests in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Oversee all Bakery cleaning, including: walls, floors, display cases, electronics, machinery and work area.
- Explores opportunities to add value to existing processes and procedures.
- Develop long-term customer partnerships that result in increased sales and margin growth.
Salary & compensation:
While the salary and benefits depend on the level of experience and competencies of the potential candidates, the Operation Manager position offers an attractive total package.