- Bachelor degree in Business, Hospitality or any relevant field
- 5 ‚ 7 years of production, manufacturing and sales experience in a bakery practice
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of responsibility, with the sense of loyalty and business ethic
- Strong personality, self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Very good organizational skills, ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel‚¶)
- Strong integrity with a disciplined work ethic
- Good command of English and Arabic
- Experience in preparing baked goods such as pastries, breads, cakes and cookies.
- Detail-oriented and have an eye for aesthetics, as baked goods must look appealing.
- Merchandising baked goods and quality control.
- Oversee baking staff to ensure the bakery‚s standards are enforced.
- In charge of hiring, developing and terminating bakery staff.
- Overseeing inventory involves ordering and rotating ingredients such as flour, sugar, and butter.
- Tracking inventory requires calculating the proper amount of ingredients necessary for production of baked goods on a given day or week.
- Keep an eye on demand for each kind of pastry to know how much to supply.
- Responsible for ensuring the profitability of a bakery.
- Work within the confines of the bakery‚s budget in order to maximize sales.
- Knowing how to price baked goods and tracking sales, labor and inventory costs.
- Enforce standards regarding food handling practices, safety and sanitation.
- Manage and motivate Bakery employees through constant communication and regular team meetings.
- Manage store financials ‚ cash handling procedures and cost control (P & L) with the direction of our corporate Finance Department.
- Ensure team members greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank guests in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Oversee all Bakery cleaning, including: walls, floors, display cases, electronics, machinery and work area.
- Explores opportunities to add value to existing processes and procedures.
- Develop long-term customer partnerships that result in increased sales and margin growth.
Salary & compensation:
While the salary and benefits depend on the level of experience and competencies of the potential candidates, the Operation Manager position offers an attractive total package.
You may be interested in these jobs