1. AIMS OF POSITION:
To be responsible for providing leadership in all aspects of nursing care according to the codes of the NMC and to provide care within the philosophy of the company.
2. SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To participate as a full member of the nursing team in the assessing, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual care plans including other relevant agencies as appropriate.
- To provide ongoing monitoring, support and assessment of resident's physical and physiological needs.
- To be aware of the effects of prescribed medication, advising residents and liaising and/or informing other health professionals as necessary or required.
- To maintain safe custody, accurate administration and recording of drugs at all times.
- To be aware of and have regard for the advice from the NMC and other statutory bodies in relation to professional matters.
- Develop Key Worker roles and facilitate training for all junior staff and students.
- To provide health education through promotion of independence, personal & social skills and social and leisure activities for all residents.
- To relate to relatives and carers with empathy giving information, support and advice.
- To maintain concise records and provide reports as necessary.
- To attend mandatory training courses and to participate/conduct relevant research at the direction of the Home Manager ensuring NMC clinical governance criteria is met.
- To direct support and supervise junior staff ensuring professional lines of accountability and priorities are met and that all policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To ensure the necessary administration and information systems are in place to provide flexible and quality services within the departments allocated budget, effective communication and healthy working relations. To review systems in place in liaison with both junior staff and senior management.
- To be aware of the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, having particular regard to the following practices:
a) Fire prevention
b) Prevention of back injuries
d) Food Handling