To welcome guests
To ensure that guests receive high quality service
To promote loyalty amongst a broad range of customers
To manage a till
Using the Windows environment
Adaptability: coping with the diversity of customers and their needs.
Availability: working nights, weekends and public holidays
Self-control: handling complaints
Good relationship skills.
From CAP (City & Guilds) to NVQ3 (Vocational Training Certificate) in Hotel/Food and Beverage studies, or 2 years further education (Ordinary degree in languages or service industry studies, or similar).
Previous experience in Reception.
Must be fluent in English and a good level of French.
Experience of Fidelio (reservations systems).
we will offer a competitive salary and a range of other benefits, some of which include:
· Complimentary meal on duty
· Laundry of uniforms or work attire
· Staff rates across international properties
· Friends and Family rates across international properties
· Recommend a friend employment rewards
· Discounts with approximately 2600 retailers
· Increased holiday entitlement based on length of service
· Discount on Food & Beverage throughout the group
· Various Learning and Development offers
. Salary: £3200 - £6000
We will provide you with the training and development that will support your future aspirations. When we invest in a property, we not only invest in bricks and mortar, we invest in the team which has the responsibility of bringing this hotel to life and making it a success.