2. Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
3. Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
4. Understands room status and room status tracking.
5. Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
6. Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
7. Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
8. Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
9. Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early chek-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
10. Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
11. Maintains guest room key storage, and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
12. File room keys ( only for manual room key hotels)
13. Knows how to use front office equipment.
14. Process guest check-outs.
15. Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, raising paid out's, currency exchange,
16. Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by guests.
17. Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
18. Uses proper telephone etiquette.
19. Performs cashiering tasks like bill / invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid out's , Foreign currency exchange etc.
20. Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.Courier Mail Register
21. Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
22. Attends department meetings.
23. Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
24. Knows all safety and emergency procedures, Is aware of accident prevention policies.
25. Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
26. Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
You may be interested in these jobs