1. Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
2. Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
3. Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
4. Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
5. Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.