PT. Javalina Development, a subsidiary of JPG Technologies, Inc (www.medimobile.com), is a software development company that focuses on the Healthcare segment. We are a technology driven company with 70% of our resources being software developers. MediMobile foster an environment that allows software developers to grow their skills through collaboration focusing on the latest and greatest technologies....
- Oversees the operations of the billing department, encompassing charge entry, claims submissions, payment posting, accounts receivable follow-up, and reimbursement management.
- Serves as the practice expert and go to person for all billing processes.
- Manages staff to analyze billing and claims for accuracy and completeness; submit claims to proper insurance entities and follow up on any issues.
- Follow up on claims using various methods- internet and phone.
- Maintains contacts with other departments to obtain and analyze additional patient information to document and process billings.
- Audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of billing and collections operations.
- Ensures that the activities of the billing operations are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department protocol, and are in compliance with Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines, and requirements.
- Participates in the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures if needed.
- Analyzes trends impacting charges, coding, collection, and accounts receivable and take appropriate action to realign staff and revise policies and procedures.
- Along with Billing Supervisor and Provider Educator, maintains library of information/tools related to documentation guidelines and coding.
- Evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Oversees, and/or coordinates the provision of training for new and existing billing staff on applicable operating policies, protocols, systems and procedures, standards, and techniques.
- Coordinates team member time off in a manner that does not negatively impact necessary daily functions.
Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Oversees the process to send delinquent accounts to designated collection agency if needed.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Directly manages employees in the Billing Department.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Thorough understanding of medical billing, collections and payment posting, revenue cycle, third party payers, Medicare; strong knowledge of multi-state and Federal payer regulations.
- Working knowledge of CPT, ICD9 and ICD10 codes, HCPCS, HIPAA, billing and insurance regulations, medical terminology, insurance benefits and appeal processes.
- Sufficient knowledge of policies and procedures to accurately answer questions from staff.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE :
- Minimum of five (5) years Medical Insurance/Healthcare Billing and Collections experience in a medical practice or health system, with a deep understanding of medical billing processes.
- Two (2) to Three (3) years supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from subordinates to managers.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees.
- Skilled in developing, implementing, and administering work processes.
- Detail oriented and tolerant of frequent interruptions and distractions from staff.
- Effectively communicate with insurers, colleagues and staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
If you meet the above requirements, please to send your complete resume to : email@example.com