Job Description: Position Status: Permanent
Location: Dubai Regional Office
Reports to: Operations Manager
Ensure smooth handling of cargo throughout cargo operations (Sea and Air) by performing multi-skilled role while utilizing the resources provided effectively. Tasks required to perform cargo handling include, but are not limited to, documentation, customer service, acceptance, delivery, breakdown, build up, equipment operation and transport.
1. Direct and assist the team of Porters and Equipment Operators as required in cargo handling e.g., build-up and breakdown, acceptance and delivery, and documentation of cargo, courier and mail, in accordance with the requirements of the principals whilst complying with published performance standards.
2. Ensure a high degree of customer service, attentiveness, speed, and control error rates, whilst maintaining consistency in service standards.
3. Inspect, validate against relevant documentation and count goods at every point of delivery, acceptance, breakdown and build-up ensuring that goods conform to relevant criteria and that they are dispatched / stored in accordance with standard work procedures and requirements.
4. Perform manual and automated data input. Ensure data updates into relevant cargo systems are done accurately, are verified and completed within time standards.
5. Liaise with government authorities such as Customs, Municipality, Health or Police in an efficient and effective manner to ensure the smooth movement of all cargo, courier and mail.
6. Ensure at all times that the handling of all special cargo (dangerous goods, live animals, valuable goods etc.) fully complies with the current edition of the IATA manuals and are loaded in accordance with the same.
7. Ensure that safety and security procedures are complied with at all times while handling cargo.
8. Perform the process of acceptance, delivery, build up and breakdown of cargo consignments. Operate equipment as required (such as tow tractors/pick up/ forklifts etc.) for movement of loads. Manually loading/unloading cargo from the ULDs / Aircraft /trucks as appropriate.
9. Participate in the continuous improvement programme of Dnata Cargo and implement with thorough understanding and commitment of the Quality Management System under Quality Standards (Such as ISO 9001, 18001 etc.
Key Skills: Experience : Basic Knowledge of shipping or fresher who can join us immediately.
Qualification : University Graduate or with relevant experience
a. Knowledge of cargo terminal handling with automated and computerized operating and communication systems
b. Experience in Freight-forwarding industry
c. Experience in logistics/warehousing business
d. Strong analytical and management skills
e. Strong communication skills, written and presentation skills in English (business communication)
f. Excellent team working and leadership skills
g. Strong PC skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point
h. Goal oriented and driven, motivated self-starter with excellent organization skills and ability to multi tasks
i. Positive, highly adaptable and possesses strong People Skills
j. Innovative and has the ability to provide value added business solutions and alternatives
k. Strong customer relationships
l. Creativity / flexibility
m. Strategic thinking / planning
n. Boundary spanning
o. Team player
English language skills (oral & written) an absolute MUST.
Required Work Experience
Basic Knowledge of shipping or fresher.
Knowledge of cargo terminal handling with automated and computerized operating and communication systems
Experience in Freight-forwarding industry
Experience in logistics/warehousing business
Interim Selection Process
Short listed individuals will be contacted and will be asked to attend an assessment, once successful an interview will be conducted with the head of department, The assessment process will likely to involve written aptitude, interviews (individual and panel), case-study, psychometric tests and a presentation.
Job Location: Dubai
Job Sector: Shipping/Logistics
Required Experience: Maximum 2 year(s)
Relevant Experience: 1 years