This mail is with regards to one of the urgent opening available for Design & Drafting Manager - Assistant. Details are below :
Company : A Top Oil & Gas Construction Company
Position : Design & Drafting Manager - Assistant
Location : Abu-Dhabi
Experience Required : Min. 12 Yrs
Minimum Qualifications: Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical qualification
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Function : Engineering
A key role Within the company onshore and offshore team responsible for managing the (CAD) group in preparing 2D and 3D fabrication and assembly documents used in the construction of Oil & Gas plants. The position will provide direction in software use and optimization, oversee and implement process improvements, review and suggest design improvements and set department priorities
Job Description :
· Construction Engineering of multi-disciplinary mechanical equipments & structures.
· Ability to oversee and appreciate activities of various Engineering disciplines including (e.g. plant civil, E & I, Mechanical, Production etc.)
· Involved in shop fabrication drawings and trouble shooting of problems resulting from shop and field capabilities.
· Provide overall direction and planning of all CAD related functions for the department
· Provide supervision and mentoring to staff including instructions, training, and coaching
· Originate and implement CAD related procedures, policies and standards
· Delegate CAD work assignments, and set priorities
· Conduct weekly design production meetings
· Support and coordinate with other engineering disciplines as needed regarding deadlines and submittals
· Attend weekly meeting and update manpower loading charts
· Provide manpower estimates for proposals
· Provide technical support on projects.
· Streamline CAD processes to ensure projects are done on time and within budgeted man-hours.
· Monitor, control and approve work schedules and man-hours
· Review and verify all CAD work ensuring compliance to drawing specifications, customer specifications, and TAS standard practices.
· Evaluate current teams talent and outline immediate needs; recruit and maintain a skilled resource pool within group to meet the needs of the company
· Pre-award activities such as preliminary design, preparation of tender drawings and material take-offs,
· In depth knowledge of 3D drafting techniques used in the design of industrial systems
· Demonstrated ability to use 3D parametric software, (Solid works)is preferred, however Autodesk Inventor, Pro-E, or mastering of any other 3D modeling software may be substituted
· Ability to read P&ID's, PFD's, Weld Symbols, and other technical design documents and symbols
· Working knowledge of pipe, pipe fittings, valves, piping support, heat exchangers, other equipment and equipment installation
· Familiar with ASME, ASTM, NEC, OSHA, AWS, and other industrial codes used in the design of mechanical and industrial systems.
· Specific experience in HVAC packaged equipment design is desired, but not required
· Technical aptitude and ability to understand advanced engineering concepts
· Outstanding interpersonal, negotiating and communication skills, since interaction with senior personnel is a key aspect of the job.
· Energetic, with initiative, and strong achievement motivation.
· Must be a skilled coach who can help employees prepare and implement realistic development plans. Must encourage self-development.
Management Style must be team oriented and focused upon building effective cross-cultural / functional relationships.
If you are interested and have relevant experience, please do share your updated resume along with below information at antimavrindaglobal.com :
Total Experience :
Experience in design & drafting :
Experience in plant design , piping design :
Experience in Rotating Equipment design :
Experience in preparing 2D & 3D Fabrication:
Experience in Offshore:
Experience in Onshore:
No. of staff supervised:
Current Salary (break - up) :
Expected Salary (gross):
Notice Period :
Reason for job Change :
Current Location :
Middle East Experience :
Education Qualification/Year/Institute :
Validity of passport:
Thanks & Regards
+ 91- 9254289201