GIS- Middle East is currently seeking a procurement officer to maintain responsibility for the planning, development and management of procurement, service, equipment and supplies related to UAE and Iraq. Apply with confidence your CV to: hr.gismegmail.com
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
-Carry out market analysis to get the best purchasing deals
- Prepare and process purchase orders in accordance with organization's procedures
-Engage in active consultations with the requesting officer on the specifications, delivery dates, possible suppliers and optimal procurement strategy.
-Obtain price quotations from suppliers
- Develop and maintain effective supplier relationships
-Resolve delivery and other problems with suppliers
-Set up and maintain inventory control system
-Prepare and maintain purchasing files, reports and records
-Complete and process international purchase orders
- Develop and execute the procurement plan of the organization,( including, bidding process, vendor selection and contract management so as to ensure the on time and cost effective provision of the required material and services)
- Maintain and review all records of purchased goods, including their costs, deliveries and inventories.
*Expert knowledge of Procurement in UAE and IRAQ
*Knowledge of vendor management.
*Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Bachelor degree in commercially oriented discipline finance, business administration or equivalent
* Good Knowledge of spoken and written English, Arabic and French Language.
*5-6 Years experience in Procurement /Procurement of engineering materials/equipment related to industry, oil and gas
*Good knowledge of computer operations.
*High level negotiation skills
*Strong knowledge of procurement practice and strategic sourcing in UAE and IRAQ