Minimum 15+ years of relevant experience in onshore oil and gas construction in supervisory position. Minimum 5 year experience gained in the Middle East. Must have experience in earth works, reinforced concrete foundations and structures, structural steel work and general building works.Experience of geotechnical engineering as well as a civil engineering background, knowledge of quarries. Ground water assessment, Ground improvement techniques, Geotechnical design, site investigation, contaminated land remediation and Geomechanics would be an advantage.
Able to work with minimum supervision.
Working in differing ground conditions. Review the topographical, geotechnical and ground investigation reports inspect assess ground condition to clients standards to allow safe working access in confined space. Interpret the reports and make any further site investigations, topographical surveys. Conversant with desert road construction methods, selecting borrow pit materials testing of material to confirm suitability for permanent use. Apply best industry practice. Technical reviews of trial mixes, AFC drawings, method statements, RA,s. Strong leadership qualities promoting safety culture. Experience in all phases of project work, from conceptual studies, reviewing project specifications, equipment requirements
1. Prepares Permit To Work (PTW) and Job Safety Plan.
2. Day to day on site supervision of assigned crew/crews.civil supervisors/ inspectors overseeing the technical and quality requirements specified in the contract.
3. Liaison with the Civil Works Contractor (conducting technical meetings, issuing site instructions, reviewing contractor work methods and contractor supplied engineering proposals etc.)
4. Prepare/checks daily timesheet and progress reports.
5. Prepares requisition of materials/consumables and equipment for the assigned job.
6. Checks completion of jobs and ensure safety of subordinates.
7. Assesses performance of subordinates.
8. Coordinate with geotechnical engineers provide assurance for safe trench entry working.
9. Overall control of pre-casting, field pouring, shuttering, fixing of reinforcement bar, foundation preparation, casting of foundations.
10. Provision of regular progress reports.
11. Provision of technical input to PMT engineering proposals where necessary.
12. Maintenance of contractual documentation records.
13. Field checking of engineering proposals provided by the Project Management Team (PMT).
14. Provision of technical input to PMT engineering proposals where necessary.
15. Focal point for answering engineering queries related to civil, structural and building design.
16. Provide input to engineering reviews and project assessments.
17. Review civil work programs and liaise with Project / Construction managers to ensure a proper review of Contractors schedule and progress.
18. HSE aims and objectives in accordance with Project Safety Execution Plan, Golden Rules